Academy programs have emerged as an alternative to the frustrating shortfalls in soccer development displayed by many pre-teens. This void is heavily influenced by coaching quality, consistency and the pressures to win at critical periods in the development process. The Flight Academy is where we bring together players that show the same mentality, love and desire to learn the game of soccer and create a competitive environment for them to develop and flourish in, yet without the pressure of win/loss records. The program is ideal preparation for Competitive Soccer if that is the route that players wish to pursue, with a high percentage of players progressing into our competitive system after 10U. Players who register for this program are divided into teams within their age group to maintain a balanced level of talent to encourage players to help each other achieve their potential.
- Focus 75% with the ball, in possession.
- Focus 25% out of possession, defending principles & techniques/understanding.
- Fun, learning and progressive environment (developmental).
- Appropriate age and skill level development, individually and small groups.
- Understanding of unit & team play principles in 7v7, with introduction to 9v9 in year-2.
- Competitive games program to increase the validity of the learning environment
- Increased player led learning in the team environment.
- 50% equal playing time across each season (Fall and Spring)
Academy Practice Days
2012 Boys Academy
2012 Girls Academy
2011 Boys Academy
Day: Monday & Wednesday
Time: 5:30 PM - 7 PM
Field: 7A & 7B
2011 Girls Academy
Day: Tuesday & Thursday
Time: 5:30 PM - 7 PM
ACADEMY UNIFORMS & EQUIPMENT
The Flight Academy Uniforms can be purchased from:
Third Coast Soccer
8342 Perkins Rd
Baton Rouge, LA 70810
- All players are REQUIRED to have both Gray (Home Team Jersey) and Blue (Away Team Jersey) to take part in games.
- Jerseys MUST have the ‘Bourgeois Physical Therapy' sponsorship on the front, players are REQUIRED to get numbers on the back of their jersey.
- Matching shorts and socks are REQUIRED which can also be purchased at Third Coast Soccer.
FLIGHT ACADEMY PROGRAM SPONSORED BY BOURGEOIS PHYSICAL THERAPY
- Size 4 Soccer Ball
- Soccer Cleats (No Baseball or Football cleats are permitted)
- Soccer Shorts - Blue
- Soccer Socks - Blue (Worn OVER the shinguards, not under)
The Flight Academy is a program that was introduced to provide players professional coaching without the increased commitment of travel. The Flight Academy is a program that can be joined instead of the traditional Recreational League and focuses on individual development within a ‘pool play’ setting.
All players in the Flight Academy will practice in pools instead of teams. Players will be split into teams for game days, these teams do not represent the placement of players and are balanced across the age group.
The Flight Academy provides professional coaches instead of parent volunteers. There will be qualified volunteers within the program but all practices/games will be led and managed by the professional coaching staff. The players in this program will also have increased practice days (2 per week) for 90 minutes per session.
No, the Flight Academy is open to all players born in the program birth-years who wish to receive professional coaching.
The Flight Academy runs in both Fall and Spring Seasons. Practices start in August in the Fall and January for the Spring, typically lasting around 12-weeks.
Yes, all Flight Academy players will participate in Intra-Games and local friendlies with other clubs. These may include games against Recreational Teams.
You will need to purchase the Flight Academy Jerseys (both Blue & Gray). If you already have blue shorts and socks, these can be used with those jerseys, more information on how to purchase these jerseys can be found in the Academy Soccer Uniforms & Equipment section above.
After players graduate from the Flight Academy they can tryout for the Flight Competitive Program, they do not automatically enroll from Academy to Competitive. Alternatively, players can return to the Recreational League with their newly developed skills and understanding.
Academy Cost & Registration
Fall Cost (Covers both Fall & Spring Season)
Early Bird Fee: July 1st - July 31st | $455
Regular Fee: August 1st - August 16th | $470
Spring Cost (Covers Spring Season ONLY)
Early Bird Fee: December 1st - December 31st | $317.50
Regular Fee: January 1st - January 31st | $332.50